The Face of Family Law - The Law Firm of John F. Schaefer
Faces of Detroit 2017 Special Section
THE LAW FIRM OF JOHN F. SCHAEFER
380 N. OLD WOODWARD AVE., STE. 320, BIRMINGHAM, MI 48009 | 248-642-6655
130 KERCHEVAL AVE., GROSSE POINTE FARMS, MI 48236 | 313-881-1300
152 E. MAIN ST., HARBOR SPRINGS, MI 49740 | 248-642-6655 | WWW.LFJFS.COM
“Contrary to television portrayals, divorce cases can be resolved in a dignified and amicable manner which preserves the integrity and privacy of the parties.”
- More than 40 years of specializing in complex matrimonial matters.
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (all editions), 2013 Lawyer of the Year.
- Reputation for protecting client privacy.
- Author of Family Law in Michigan and numerous articles; adjunct professor, MSU College of Law.
- Regularly sought out by clients from Michigan, New York, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Colorado, and elsewhere.
- Often asked whether he typically represents husbands or wives, his response is: “For every Robert Lutz (former president of Chrysler Corp. and vice chairman of General Motors), J.C. Huizenga, or Walter Buhl Ford III, I have also represented Peggy Iacocca and Darien Iacocca (two former wives of Lee Iacocca) and Jennifer Nasser (former wife of Ford Motor Co. CEO Jacques Nasser).”