Arts & Entertainment
(page 4 of 8)
Sesame Street Live: Join Elmo, Big Bird, and the rest of the gang for Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music. The fuzzy monsters of Sesame Street take to the stage to teach children about patience, acceptance, and teamwork through music. Through Feb. 18. $12-$65.
Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward, Detroit; 313-471-6611; olympiaentertainment.com.
Suburban Collection Showplace
• 2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Show: The largest motorcycle show in the world caters to enthusiasts of all ages with motorcycles, custom bikes, ATVs, scooters, and more. 3-8 p.m. Feb. 1; 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Feb. 2; 9:30 a.m.– 4 p.m. Feb. 3. $15 adults; $6 children; under 5 free. $5 parking fee.
Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River, Novi; 248-348-5600; motorcycleshows.com.
• Detroit Camper & RV Show: Getting the 2013 camping season in gear, the Detroit Camper & RV Show will have all new models of folding campers, motorhomes, travel trailers, truck campers, and fifth-wheel travel trailers. Parts and accessories, as well as campground and financing information will also be available. 2-9 p.m. Feb. 6-8; 11 a.m.–9 p.m. Feb. 9; 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Feb. 10. $9 adults; $8 seniors; children 12/under free. $5 parking fee.
Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River, Novi; 517-349-8881; marvac.org.
• Giant Motorcycle Swap Meet: A place for bikers to buy, sell, and swap bikes, frames, motors, touring accessories, seats, tires, tanks, shocks, fenders, gauges, and other products from all brands. 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Feb. 17. $10 adults; $3 children; children 5/under free. $5 parking fee.
Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River, Novi; 800-968-4242; motorcycleswap.com.
• Outdoorama and Cottage & Lakefront Living Show: Enjoy two events for the price of one. The Outdoorama show will return with some favorites, such as “Wildlife Encounters” and “Big Buck Night,” as well as new activities and seminars. The Cottage & Lakefront Living Show celebrates the Michigan tradition of owning a cottage. 2-9:30 p.m. Feb. 21-22; 10 a.m.–9 p.m. Feb. 23; 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Feb. 24. $10 adults; $4 children; children 5/under free. $5 parking fee.
Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River, Novi; 800-328-6550; outdoorama.com; cottageandlakefrontliving.com.
Motown Winter Blast: Started in January 2005 to complement Super Bowl XL in Detroit, one of the biggest winter events returns to the Motor City in all its festive glory. Feb. 8-10.
Campus Martius Park, 800 Woodward Avenue, Detroit; 313-963-8418; winterblast.com.
• Motor City Golf & Travel Show: Michigan’s new golf show will feature golf-related vendors, exhibits, travel deals, golf simulators, and a Par 3 contest.
Cobo Center, 1 Washington Blvd., Detroit; 734-261-0123; motorcitygolfshow.com.
• Detroit Boat Show: The annual Detroit Boat Show returns, boasting more than 100 of Michigan’s best boat dealers and marine businesses. Meet Trapper Joe & Trigger Tommy from the History Channel show Swamp People, crawl inside a human hamster ball and walk on water, or kick back and relax at the tiki bar. 11 a.m.–9 p.m. Feb. 16; 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Feb. 17; 3-9 p.m. Feb. 18-21; 11 a.m.–9 p.m. Feb. 22-23; 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Feb. 24. $12 adults; children 12/under free.