Best of Detroit 2014
Thousands of Hour Detroit readers go ‘on the record’ with their picks for the Best of Detroit 2014!
(page 1 of 8)
Countless touring musicians have said words to this effect: “Detroit audiences are the greatest audiences in the world!”
Maybe they say that in every city, but we certainly are a loyal bunch. And when we’re fans of something — from sports teams and weathercasters to antique shops and ice cream stands — we’re REALLY fans.
Each year, thousands of Hour Detroit readers go “on the record” to vote for their favorites in the metropolitan area.
So turn on the spotlights, bring up the curtain, and get ready to rock! Ladies and gentlemen, here are the “top hits” of 2014 — the Best of Detroit!
Special thanks to:
- Neiman Marcus and Lost and Found for the clothing on our “extras” and models.
- The Hour Detroit readers who got “backstage passes” to the photo shoot: Kathleen Kennedy Ferris, Jennifer Hawk, Jewel Chapman, Katrina Studvent, Kelly Kaminski, William Demray, and Mike Durrant.
- The Garden Theater at Midtown for letting us make all their world our stage and their partners and next-door neighbors, the Grille Midtown, for keeping the coffee and food coming.
- Kyle Aron for finding us a “not TOO expensive” guitar to smash.
- Scott Guy & Steve King from Sync2Picture and 54Sound Studio in Ferndale for making our rock ‘n’ roll dreams come true.
- Mary Ballard Casting for all the help booking wonderful talent.
(Note: Categories marked with a are new this year.)