June Food Events
Things to do, eat, and drink this month
Back for its 40th year, the Belleville National Strawberry Festival will be held June 17-19. The berry bash will feature arts and crafts, carnival rides, a beer tent, musical entertainment, and of course, strawberries. Enjoy shortcakes, cheesecakes, preserves, sundaes, pies, smoothies, and more. Gluten-free options for some items are available upon request. nationalstrawberryfest.com
Ann Arbor Restaurant week returns June 12-17, featuring cuisine from nearly 60 different area restaurants. Featuring a diverse array of cuisines such as Italian and Japanese, participating restaurants will be offering $15 lunches and $28 three-course dinners, with many others dishing up 2-for-1 pricing. annarborrestaurantweek.com
Join the Wayne Historical Society on the lawn of the Wayne Historical Museum, 1 Town Square, for an elegant afternoon of tea with Mayor Susan Rowe on June 11. This family-friendly event will feature sandwiches, scones, pastries, and teas from the Victoria’s Tea Salon. Garden attire is required. Proceeds will benefit the museum’s programs, exhibits, and storage of artifacts. $32. For more information, call 734-722-0113.
With June’s warmer weather comes the craving for fresh air, biking, and brews. Motor City Brewing Tours offers walking and biking “crawls” around metro Detroit throughout the summer. No ride? No worries. MCBT has bike and helmet rentals for $10. Tickets and more information can be found at motorcitybrewtours.com.
Here are a few options:
• Royal Oak Brewery Walking Tour, featuring the Royal Oak Brewery, Lockhart’s BBQ, Bastone Brewery, and Lily’s Seafood & Brewery. June 11. $40.
• Detroit (Midtown) Walking Brewery Tour, featuring Traffic Jam & Snug, Motor City Brewing Works, and Jolly Pumpkin.
June 25. $40.
• Brewery History Bike & Brew Tour: 10-mile ride, featuring bars around downtown Detroit. June 11. $35 + bike rental.
• Prohibition History Bike & Brew Tour: 15-mile ride, featuring former prohibition sites in downtown Detroit. June 18. $35 + bike rental.
• Cork-Mex Town History Bike & Brew Tour: 10-mile ride, featuring the best of both neighborhoods. June 12. $35 + bike rental.