Prime & Proper, located at 1145 Griswold St., Detroit, puts a modern twist on the classic American steakhouse with a dinner menu filled with USDA Prime Steaks and Chops, raw specialities such as cured salmon toro and dry-aged steak tartare, five different kinds of potatoes, and more.
Their craft cocktail menu includes a wide variety of drinks including the gin-based Tokyo Dream, the bourbon-based Griswold Smash, and the Hearts + Bones, which blends together Montelobos Mezcal, Bonal Quina, Cocci Americano and Jamaican Bitters.
Make the delicious Hearts & Bones at home with this easy copycat recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Montelobos Mezcal
- 3⁄4 ounces Bonal Gentiane-Quina
- 3⁄4 ounces Cocchi Americano
- 2 dashes Bittercube Jamaican No. 2 Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a rocks glass, along with an ice cube or sphere.
- Garnish with a flamed lemon peel.
Looking for even more copycat drink recipes? Check out this recipe for the gin-based cocktail from Union Assembly called Simone Collins, or the Home for the Night from Townhouse Detroit.
This story is from the November 2022 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.