Give Detroit – A Charitable Registry
Serving people as an expression of the love of Christ
// KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
For nearly 90 years, Samaritas has grown to serve and transform the lives of nearly 20,000 individuals each year through 60 program sites across the entire lower peninsula of Michigan. Its skilled team of professionals provide essential, life-changing services to some of the most vulnerable Michiganders, including:
- People living with substance use disorders
- Refugee families and youth looking for peace and opportunity
- Kids in the foster care system needing safety and stability
- Children with a goal of being adopted and finding their forever family
- Families in crisis needing family preservation services, education, and resources to find stability and healthy homes
- Families and seniors in desperate need of affordable living opportunities
- People with disabilities in search of care and home
- Kids who need trauma assessments and behavioral health services to thrive
- Homeless families in need of shelter, food, and safety
// UPCOMING EVENTS
APRIL: Volunteer Awareness Week. Partner with Samaritas for volunteer activities throughout the state. Service projects range from client mentorship to building beautification. Please reach out to Kayla.Park@samaritas.org to learn about the options for you and your team.
MAY: Foster Care Awareness Month. Samaritas will raise awareness about the needs and joys of fostering children. They’ll also raise funds to support the foster families in their care.
JUNE: Refugee Awareness Month. Samaritas will celebrate the positive contributions of Michigan’s refugees. June activities will include the launch of the Refugee Youth Art Show and a New Americans giving campaign.
SEPTEMBER: Be the Rock Gala. This Grand Rapids-based event is a signature fundraiser for Samaritas, where west Michigan’s movers and shakers mingle for a good cause. Contact Tanya Horan at Tanya.Horan@samaritas.org for sponsorship information.
NOVEMBER: Ripples Gala. This second signature fundraiser for Samaritas will raise funds and awareness to support several southeast Michigan programs, including the Detroit Refugee Network (DRN). Contact Tanya Horan at Tanya.Horan@samaritas.org regarding sponsorship opportunities.
DECEMBER: Samaritas will kick off the holiday season with a drive to give kids
in their care presents to make the season special. Contact Kayla.Park@samaritas.org to learn more.
Dave Morin, Interim CEO
David Lochner, Interim Chairman, Board of Directors
Brett VanderKamp, Interim Vice Chairman, Board of Directors
Kelli Dobner, Chief Advancement and Strategy Officer
Kevin Van Den Bosch, Chief Operating Officer of Child and Family Services