START WITH: THE SHIRT
Shirt by Burberry, $250, at Saks Fifth Avenue.
1. WORK MEETING: + Tie & Bag // Theory jacket, $695, belt, $275, and suit pants by Burberry London, $1,095 (jacket included), all at Saks Fifth Avenue. Bassano GM by Louis Vuitton, $2,970, at Louis Vuitton. Tie by Dion, $125, at Cicchini Custom Clothiers. Shoes by Ralph Lauren, $550, at Ralph Lauren.
2. HAPPY HOUR: + Pull-over & Jeans // Robert Talbott pullover, $155, at J. Barbaro Clothiers. Versace jeans, $250, at Saks Fifth Avenue. Boots by Ralph Lauren, $575, at Ralph Lauren.
3. FORMAL EVENT: + Suit & Tie // Bradford wool suit, $1,595, at Ralph Lauren. Tie by Dion, $125, at Cicchini Custom Clothiers. Shoes by Ralph Lauren, $550, at Ralph Lauren.
4. DINNER PARTY: + Cargo Pants // Cargo pants, $395, boots, $575, both at Ralph Lauren.
START WITH: THE DRESS
Dress by Emma Cook, $650, at Tender.
1. WORK MEETING: + Shirt & Pants // Alice + Olivia pants, $253, at Neiman Marcus. Black long-sleeved shirt,
$14.99, at Target. Boots by Miu Miu, $850, at Tender. Liberty Street Campbell purse, $595, at Kate Spade. Gold cuff, $9.97, at Charming Charlie.
2. HAPPY HOUR: + Belt & Tights // Lanvin belt, $580, Alexander Wang clutch, $460, and Miu Miu boots, $850, at Tender. Black tights, $10, at Target. Bracelets, $9.97, at Charming Charlie.
3. FORMAL EVENT: Wear Backward // Prada clutch, $795, at Neiman Marcus. Lanvin earrings, $690, Miu Miu peep-toe heels, $595, at Tender. Bracelet, $9.97, at Charming Charlie.
4. DINNER PARTY: + Coat & Skirt // Shannon Carney earrings, $850, Lanvin bracelet, $390, Lanvin necklace, $1,250, all at Tender. Elizabeth + James skirt, $325, at Neiman Marcus. Jacket by Tibi, $550, at Saks Fifth Avenue. Linette heels, $335, and Flicker Lella clutch, $195, at Kate Spade.
Where to buy:
/ Charming Charlie, The Mall at Partridge Creek, Clinton Township; 586-226-1176.
/ Cicchini Custom Clothiers, Birmingham; 248-645-0535.
/ J. Barbaro Clothiers, Great Lakes Crossing, Auburn Hills; 248-392-2323, and The Mall at Partridge Creek, Clinton Township; 586-286-7400.
/ Kate Spade, Somerset Collection South, Troy; 248-458-2023.
/ Louis Vuitton, Somerset Collection South, Troy; 248-643-8930.
/ Neiman Marcus, Somerset Collection South, Troy; 248-643-3300.
/ Ralph Lauren, Somerset Collection South, Troy; 248-637-7656.
/ Saks Fifth Avenue, Somerset Collection South, Troy; 248-643-9000.
/ Target stores; target.com.
/ Tender, Birmingham; 248-258-0212.
FINISHING TOUCHES: Gjysta Nuculaj, of Mijo-Á Beauty Studio, Rochester, offers a few tips for putting your best face forward.
WORK MEETING: For an even skin tone, lightly powder your face or use tinted moisturizer. To finish the look, add blush, sheer eye shadow, dark-brown mascara, and a sheer lipstick.
COCKTAIL HOUR: Add a colored eye shadow to the base of the lash line and work around the rim of the eye. Add another coat of mascara, touch up your blush, and use a sheer lipstick in a pink hue.
FORMAL EVENT: Follow the dinner-party look for the eyes with the addition of liquid eyeliner on top of the layered shadows. Apply a pink-gold blush and add a colored (red or pink) lipstick for soft drama. To soften the look, add a sheer lip gloss in the middle of lips.
DINNER PARTY: Focus on the eyes. Using a colored eye shadow (deep purple or blue, for instance), layer the shadows from the base of the eye into the crease. Blend with a light shimmer shadow and highlight the brow bone. Use mascara on the top and bottom lashes, add blush, and finish with a shimmer lip gloss.
Photographs by David Lewinski // Styling by Aleene Jinn George // Hair and makeup by Gjysta Nuculaj for Mijo-Á Beauty Studio
Like what you’ve read? Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter.