Looking to kick your drink game up a notch this winter? We’ve got a cocktail recipe for you. Compari’s on the Park, a Plymouth-based Italian restaurant, shares how to make its Spiced Old Fashioned below.
- 1/2 oz spiced simple syrup
- Splash of water
- 2 1/2 oz Buffalo Trace bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
Spiced Simple Syrup
- Equal parts water and sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Allspice berries
- Black peppercorns
- Star anise
- Muddle orange peel with spiced simple syrup*.
- Add a splash of water. Pour Buffalo Trace and Angostura bitters into a vessel.
- Add ice, stir well, and strain into old fashioned glass or boomba, over ice.
- Garnish with orange peel and maraschino cherry.
* Simple syrup: Boil sugar and water. Add spices. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain through fine mesh, removing all solids.
Compari’s on the Park is located at 350 S. Main St., Plymouth. Call 734-416-0100 or visit comparisdining.com for more information. Find even more drink recipes by local restaurants including Prime & Proper’s Hearts & Bones cocktail and Ima Izakaya’s Pennyroyal cocktail at HourDetroit.com.