Hazel’s is a Birmingham seafood eatery known for rotating seasonal dishes featuring crabs, lobsters, shrimp, and clams, along with a drink menu filled with spirited lemonades, dry drinks, and House Favorites that includes the vodka-based Salty Dog cocktail.
Try the drink at home for yourself with this easy-to-follow recipe.
- 2 ounces Valentine White Blossom
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce egg white
- Shake all ingredients vigorously until foamy.
- Rim glass with finely ground Himalayan pink salt.
- Pour drink over nugget ice.
- Garnish with cherry/grapefruit twist.
This story is from the July 2023 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition. Plus, find even more drink recipes including how to make Ivy Kitchen & Cocktail’s The Ivy Cocktail and Bohemia’s Bohemian Rhapsody Cocktail at HourDetroit.com.