The eatery has been refined into a stylistic restaurant with “warm earth tones, natural wood floors, sleek tile, and contemporary lighting fixtures throughout,” with an expanded bar area including a floor to ceiling glass enclosure.
The revamped layout can serve up to 220 seats, “including 100 in the main dining room, up to 40 at the bar and up to 30 on the patio. The upstairs features a multi-use space for regular dining service or private events with capacity for between 35 to 45 guests,” according to their press release.
The restaurant also reimagined their menu with some returning favorites such as their famous fajitas and freshly made salsa, while also adding new items including house-made tortillas, whole branzino, chorizo empanadas, duck-carnitas tacos, and vegan corn-coconut tamales.
The drink menu features fresh-pressed lemon, lime and orange juice. Their signature cocktails are mixed with white sangria alongside mojitos, martinis, on-the-rocks, and frozen margaritas —just in time to cool off in the summer heat.
MEX is open seven days a week: 4-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 4-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and 4-9 p.m. Sunday. Happy Hour, lunch and a weekend brunch service are available as well. Reservations are available as well through Resy or their website.
How to Make MEX’s Summer Guacamole
Summertime is guacamole season. Whether you are with friends or family, dipping into some cold guac while sipping a perfect margarita is one of the best ways to enjoy your summer evening. To enjoy MEX’s Summer Guacamole at home, here is the ideal recipe:
- Half of 1 medium white onion (about 4 ounces: 113g), small dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoon. finely chopped garlic
- 4 ripe Hass Avocados (preferred brand)
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon. ground cumin
- 1 Serrano chili stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Garnish-total 1/4 cup torn herbs
- Thai Basil
- Watermelon Radish
- Tortilla Chips
- Put all ingredients in a medium to large bowl. Gently mash the avocados so everything is incorporated and still chunky.
- Adjust salt and lime juice to taste.
- Add garnish-tear by hand or roughly chop Thai basil, mint, Tarragon to completely cover the surface of the guacamole.
- Serve with sliced watermelon radish and Tortilla chips.