Oak & Reel earned the title of our 2022 Restaurant of the Year thanks to its stunning contemporary style and menu filled with fresh seafood, housemade pastas, and more.
Try one of their dishes at home by following this recipe.
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 bunches green onions
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Crushed red chili flakes, to taste
- Red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces shaved prosciutto
- Toss the green onions with oil, salt, and chili flakes.
- Grill the green onions over medium heat until they’re nicely charred and fully tender. Cut into 1-inch pieces and drizzle with red wine vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly — they should be bright and slightly spicy.
- In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to whip together the ricotta and pesto until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Drizzle olive oil and salt on one side of each of the bread slices. Toast the bread oiled side up in the oven on broil until golden brown. Once out of the oven, rub each toast slice with the garlic clove.
- Spread the ricotta and pesto mixture on top of each toast and cover with the grilled green onions. Top everything with prosciutto and enjoy!
This story is from the October 2023 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition. Plus, find even more copycat recipes including Mrs. Fisher’s Pickled Cabbage and Pepper Slaw and Pinky’s Rooftop’s Mushroom Toast at hourdetroit.com.