Pinky’s Rooftop in Royal Oak is known for their sharable American- and Asian-inspired dishes along with their a fun (and pink!) atmosphere. Their Mushroom Toast is a delicious mix of butter herb mushrooms, sourdough and lemon ricotta, served on their weekend rooftop brunch menu. Make a similar dish at home with this copycat recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 package of mixed mushrooms Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (optional)
- Add butter to pan and gently increase heat until butter sizzles.
- Add bread and toast until golden brown. Flip and repeat process on other side before plating.
- In a medium hot pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on low. Add garlic and shallot, cooking until fragrant (about 1 1/2 minutes — be careful not to burn).
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and mushrooms. Cook until golden brown (approximately 7-8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with dry white wine and scrape charred bits from the bottom until wine is evaporated.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Top toasts with mushrooms. Garnish with fresh chives (optional) and serve while hot.
Looking for even more delish recipes to try at home? Check out the recipe section of HourDetroit.com to learn how to make Blue Llama’s Pork Chops, Highlands’ Lobster Spaghetti, Public House’s Pastrami Reuben, and much more.
This story is from the October 2022 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.