This recipe will help you create one of their classic drink options, the Piña Verde, from the comfort of home.
- 1 ounce green Chartreuse
- 0.5 ounces Velvet Falernum
- 1.5 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 0.75 ounces coconut cream (Coco Lopez or similar)
- 0.5 ounces fresh lime juice
1. In a cocktail shaker, pour in all the ingredients. Add in ice and shake well.
2. Strain into a glass with crushed ice. Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
Note: Original recipe does not include Velvet Falernum; that is a modification made at The Upright to make the cocktail better balanced.
This story is from the June 2023 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition. Plus, find even more drink recipes including Imperial’s House Margarita and Ivy Kitchen & Cocktails’ The Ivy at HourDetroit.com.