Zingerman’s Roadhouse serves up bold, barbecue flavors. Here, the Ann Arbor restaurant shares the recipe for its Cajun Steak Pasta, a dinner special that features steak bites, a spicy sauce, and cheese.
- 5 oz. diced sirloin
- 3 oz. diced red peppers
- 3 oz. diced onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 oz. pasta
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. blackening spice or Cajun seasoning
- 4 oz. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 oz. fresh parsley and basil, chopped
- Add 2 oz. olive oil to a 12-inch saute pan and place over medium heat.
- Add steak, onions, peppers, garlic, and blackening spice or Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft and the steak is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and cooked pasta. Mix until well coated.
- Place in a pasta bowl and garnish with fresh herbs.
This story is from the May 2022 issue of Hour Detroit. It has been updated for 2023.