> Grilled Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dressing
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced into 8 rings
- 2 plums, pitted and each cut into 8 wedges
- Vegetable oil, for brushing fruit
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Preheat grill to medium. Lightly brush fruit with oil and place on the grill. Cook until pineapple and plums are nicely caramelized, turning once (about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove to a plate. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, and mint. Place 2 rings and 4 wedges on each plate and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with pine nuts.
> Cerveza-Battered Fish Tacos with Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 8-ounce tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
Fill a large pot halfway with oil. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Preheat grill to medium.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Slowly whisk in beer until thick (not runny). Dredge fish in remaining flour, then dunk into the batter. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper-toweled lined plate.
Meanwhile, grill tortillas on grill.
Serve fish in tortillas topped with Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber.
> Quick-Pickled Onion and Cucumber
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large red onion, diced medium
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced medium
- 1 English cucumber, diced medium
- 1 habanero chile, seeds removed, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, water, and salt to a boil. Add onions and cucumber and continue to cook a few minutes more. Remove from heat, add chile, and transfer to a bowl. Let cool slightly, then chill covered for at least 1 hour.
Five minutes before serving, toss in tomato and cilantro.
> Fruit Salad with Poppy-seed Dressing
- 1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted
Toss grapes, strawberries, and blueberries with sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice and poppy seeds. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with pistachios and serve.