SMELL THE COFFEE: Weekday-morning business meetings and leisurely Sundays are even better with food, which explains the popularity of the Town Tavern
(1) in Royal Oak, Forté
(2) in Birmingham, and Deli Unique
(3) of Bloomfield Hills , inside the Radisson Kingsley Hotel.
SUNNY-SIDE UP: Mixed-Nut Crusted French Toast
(1) with chunky applesauce and espresso-bean maple syrup, at Town Tavern, Royal Oak. PB&J Stuffed French Toast
(2), a crispy, deep-fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich served with Michigan maple syrup, at Forté, Birmingham. Soy-marinated Flatiron Steak (3) with steamed rice, poached eggs, and herb salad, at Forté, Birmingham. Blackened New York Strip Steak & Eggs
(4) with avocado, hash browns, salsa rioja, and salsa fresca, at Town Tavern, Royal Oak. Jambalaya Omelet
(5) with andouille sausage, char-grilled chicken, roasted sweet peppers, red bean stew, and grilled shrimp, at Town Tavern, Royal Oak. Yogurt with granola and berries with mixed fruit
(6), at Deli Unique of Bloomfield Hills, inside the Radisson Kingsley Hotel. Plain omelet with hash browns, toast, and coffee
(7), at Deli Unique of Bloomfield Hills, inside the Radisson Kingsley Hotel.