Calling All Food Lovers!
Enter Hour Detroit's Shared Plates presented by EuroAmerica Design for a chance to win awesome prizes
Do you love to cook? Do you yell at the TV that you could do betterwhile watching clueless competitors on Food Network? Do you make everyone wait to eat their food at restaurants because you are trying to capture the perfect photo to post on Instagram? Show us your culinary chops by entering Hour Detroit's Shared Plates cooking contest! Share your best recipes for a chance to win gift cards to some of Detroit’s most popular restaurants!
We started this contest because while we were reporting our November 2016 entertaining feature “From Their Table to Yours” we realized that some of the best food isn't just at the newest, hottest restaurant but can also be found in the homes of passionate home cooks like you!
Who is eligible to enter:
Anyone who has a delicious recipe to share!
This month’s theme is…
Summer-inspired eats! Whether it’s loaded potato salad, burgers on the grill, or even a fresh fruit pie, we want to see your best season-inspired dishes this month’s Hour Detroit’s Shared Plates competition presented by Euro America Design. To enter, please snap a photo of your favorite summer dish, tag Hour Detroit on social media, and share it with the hashtag #hoursharedplates for a chance to win a $100 restaurant gift card and the opportunity to be featured in a Facebook Live feed hosted at EuroAmerica Design in Troy.
Deadline is Monday, June 18.
Here are the rules:
2. Post a photo of your best recipe that goes along with the theme on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by tagging Hour Detroit and using the hashtag #hoursharedplates. Include a caption that tells a short story about your recipe.
3. Hour Detroit staffers will pick their favorite and crown the winner.
4. Winners will be asked to submit their recipes to post on hourdetroit.com and will get their photos featured in an upcoming edition of the magazine.
5. Winners will nab a gift card to a local restaurant.
6. And most importantly: Have fun!