Summertime picnics can be tons of fun, but packing for one can get overwhelming. Obviously you need some snacks, but what else might come in handy before, during, or after your outdoor meal.
Here, we take the guesswork out of picnic prep with suggestions for our favorite picnic products, listed from left to right and top to bottom from the photo above.
- Quattro Stripe Knit Throw, $158, VERLOOP; shop.verloopknits.com
- Bloomingville Servingwear Set, $35.95, Rail & Anchor, Royal Oak, 248-397-8985; railandanchor.com
- Hugo Small Resin Bowl, $95, Found Objects, Birmingham, 248-220-4999; shopfoundobjects.com
- Bea’s Squeeze Pink Rose Lemonade, Bea’s Squeeze, for retailers visit beassqueeze.com
- Six Player Croquet Set, $595, area Shinola stores, shinola.com
- Blake’s Sorta Pop! Lemon Lime Carbonated Probiotic Soda, for retailers visit sortapop.com
- Square Stoneware Berry Basket, $11.95, Rail & Anchor, Royal Oak
- Dominoes Set, $250, area Shinola stores
- Bird Nerd Playing Cards, $15, Peninsulas, Berkley
- Bea’s Squeeze Classic Lemonade, Bea’s Squeeze
- Forest Eco Maniac Portable Flatware Set (includes gold straw and travel case, not shown), $16, Nest, Detroit, 313- 831-9776, nestdetroit.com
- Outdoor School: Animal Watching, $20, Peninsulas, Berkley
- Roll Out! Blowout $17.99, Rail & Anchor, Royal Oak
- Color Therapy Sunnies in Cerulean, $20, City Bird, Detroit, 313-831-9146, citybirddetroit.com
- HOMES Tote, $27, Peninsulas, Berkley, 248-268-4828, shoppeninsulas.com
- Hugo Mini Bowl, $42, Found Objects, Birmingham
- Hand-Blown Ripple Puffy Glass, $18, Throwbacks Home, Detroit, 313-400-7184, throwbackshome.com
- Pop Daddy Garlic Parmesan Seasoned Pretzels, 7.5 oz., $5, Pop Daddy Snacks, Howell, 734-550-9900, popdaddysnacks.com
- Michigan Serving Tray, $32, Peninsulas, Berkley.
This story is from the July 2023 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.