Perhaps, like many human beings who breathe air and celebrate holidays, you have someone on your list who’s tough to buy for. Maybe they already have a killer wardrobe, the newest gadgets, and a house filled with stylish art prints and bougie candles. Maybe they binged all of Tidying Up and got rid of their stuff, swearing off the acquisition of material goods. Or maybe they’ve just been too busy to come up with a wish list, lamenting the lack of time.
Detroit Foundation Hotel hopes to make gifting slightly easier this season with our just-arrived gift cards. Good toward overnight stays in our stylish guest rooms, or toward drinks and dining at The Apparatus Room, they’re perfect for people who have everything and want nothing but to experience more of what Detroit has to offer.
Whether it’s catching up with friends, reconnecting with a partner, celebrating with family or luxuriating in the peace and quiet of self-care, we’re ready to serve up a quintessential Detroit experience with character and dedication. This holiday, we hope the folks we love will slow down, connect with themselves and one another, and savor an afternoon, or an evening, or a whole weekend in the city we’re viciously proud to call home.
Here are ten experiences to enjoy at Detroit Foundation Hotel this season.
- Spoil your pup with snuggles in a luxuriously comfy bed. (Yes, Virginia, we’re dog-friendly!) The private bar is stashed with Detroit-made snacks perfect for munching while catching up on Netflix. Just keep Buster away from the whiskey and the chocolate.
- Have some jazz with your eggs. Our Second Sunday Jazz Brunch series features live performances from local musicians as the soundtrack to your croque madame and waffles.
- Know your history. We’re proud to honor our local history with an exhibit of early 20th century fire department memorabilia, courtesy of the Detroit Historical Society. Located in our second floor lobby, the showcase of photographs, artifacts, and vintage clothing offers a glimpse into the building’s past life as Detroit Fire Department Headquarters.
- Enjoy some seriously stylish self-care. There’s little that feels more indulgent than getting ready in a fancy bathroom, and ours are tiled and stocked with Grown Alchemist organic, cruelty-free potions.
- Grab some friends for happy hour at The Apparatus Room. From 4 to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday, you’ll find exclusive menu items, drinks, and specials you can’t get at any other time or place. Oysters, anyone?
- Roll out in style. Every guest who stays with us can enjoy complimentary house car service within a 3-mile radius. Leave the driving to us and show up to the party in our shiny Lincoln Navigator.
- Dine at our Chef’s Table. Awarded “Best New Restaurant 2017” by the Detroit Free Press, Chef’s Table is a communal multi-course dining experience set above The Apparatus Room and overseen by two Michelin-starred Chef Thomas Lents. Expect exquisite seasonal dishes often prepared tableside and occasional guest chef takeovers.
- Brunch with Santa. We know we’ve already mentioned brunch once on this list, but on Sunday, December 15, you can meet a special guest straight from the North Pole ready to dazzle children both inner and actual.
- Stuff stockings with goodies proudly made in Detroit. If a holiday isn’t a holiday without something to unwrap, consider picking up a present from the retail area of our elevator lobby, where you’ll find a well-curated selection of apparel and accessories from local independent artisans.
- Greet 2020 with a roar. Close out the year with a special five-course pre-fixe dinner at The Apparatus Room, followed by champagne, live burlesque, and jazz performances in the style of a roaring twenties Prohibition-era party. Happy New Year!
Gift cards will be available December 2 at the front desk and at aparium.com/giftcards.
Detroit Foundation Hotel is located at 250 W. Larned Street. Call 1.866.808.6100 for reservations or visit detroitfoundationhotel.com.