Give Detroit – A Charitable Registry
Inspired by the gospel of Jesus and the example of Francis of Assisi, the Capuchin friars, together with their partners in ministry, prayerfully build sister-brotherhood in the world.
// KEY SERVICES PROVIDED
Capuchin Retreat – A 95-acre spirituality center in Washington.
Capuchin Soup Kitchen – Tending to basic needs, especially the need for food.
- Meal Program – Two community hubs serving hundreds of fresh, nutritious meals per day.
- Earthworks Urban Farm – A 1.25-acre organic farm teaching sustainable urban agriculture.
- On the Rise Bakery – Providing a fresh start for citizens returning from incarceration or addiction treatment.
- Jefferson House – CARF-accredited residential treatment center for indigent men overcoming addiction.
- Rosa Parks Children & Youth Program – Tutoring, art, and leadership development for Detroit youth.
- Capuchin Services Center – Social workers, clothing distribution, and food pantry, providing more than 1.25 million pounds of food annually.
Solanus Casey Center – An urban oasis housing the tomb of Solanus Casey. Masses, reconciliation, blessing of the sick, and first Friday adoration.
// UPCOMING EVENTS
51st Annual SOCK Dinner
Friday, Nov. 10, 2023
Bocce with the Brothers
Friday, March 22, 2024
A Gouda Evening
Sunday, June 9, 2024
// WAYS TO GIVE
Br. Mark Joseph Costello, OFM Cap., Provincial Minister
Br. Vito Martinez, OFM Cap., Director of Capuchin Retreat Center
Br. Gary Wegner, OFM Cap., Executive Director of Capuchin Soup Kitchen
Br. Steve Kropp, OFM Cap., Director of the Solanus Casey Center
Kristi Hassouna, Director of Development