Goodnite Gracie’s is a retro-inspired martini bar in Royal Oak that offers a wide variety of unique drinks including a sour raspberry martini, a pomegranate-blueberry mule and the Kentucky Buck — a cocktail that features Four Roses Bourbon, muddled strawberries, Angostura bitters and more.
Learn how to make a Kentucky Buck at home with this handy recipe.
- 2 strawberry slices for muddling
- 3-4 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces of Four Roses Bourbon Ice
- Approximately half a can of Barritt’s Ginger Beer
- 1 strawberry slice for garnish
- 1 lemon slice for garnish
Muddle strawberry slices, bitters, and lemon juice in a highball glass. Add bourbon and ice into the same glass, then pour all components into a shaker and shake. Pour back into the glass, add more ice as needed, and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a strawberry and a lemon slice.
Looking for even more drinks to remake at home? Check out this strawberry Moscow Mule recipe from Bobcat Bonnie’s.
This story is from the September 2022 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.