BESA in Detroit aims to create an exceptional Adriatic experience with a balanced menu of Mediterranean-inspired dishes including Caledonian Blue Prawns and Double Cut Lamb Chops.
Their drink menu offers a rich selection of wines alongside specialty cocktails and mocktails, including the mezcal- and beet juice-based Beet the Heat cocktail.
Learn how to make the cocktail at home with this easy recipe.
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 0.5 ounce beet juice
- 0.5 ounce jalapeno simple syrup
- 0.25 ounce fresh lime juice
- In a cocktail shaker, pour in all the ingredients. Add in ice and shake well.
- Strain into a glass with a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a slice of jalapeno.
This story is from the September 2023 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition. Plus, find even more drink recipes from area restaurants including Hazel’s Salty Dog cocktail and Metropolitan Bar & Kitchen’s Gold Finch cocktail at HourDetroit.com.