Symposia is a Mediterranean-inspired fine dining establishment owned by the Papas family, who also owns and operates the Atheneum Suite Hotel and Conference Center, Pegasus Taverna, Mosaic, A Bar, and Santorini Estiatorio.
The Iris cocktail at this local eatery combines gin, créme de violet, lemon juice and lavender honey for a distinct flavor. Learn how to make this cocktail at home with this handy copycat recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces gin
- 1⁄2 ounce crème de violette
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce homemade honey lavender syrup (recipe follows)
Honey Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6-8 sprigs of lavender
- To make Honey Lavender Syrup: Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- To assemble: Combine all items in a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into a coupe glass, garnish with a sprig of lavender, and serve.
This story is from the December 2022 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.