Looking for a delicious drink to try on your next night in at home? This copycat recipe for Townhouse Detroit‘s Home for the Night is a simple way to kick your at-home drink game up a notch.
- 2 ounces Pilar Dark Rum
- 1 ounce chai tea
- 1⁄2 ounce Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons Coco Real Cream of Coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons chai spice
- 1 star anise
- Combine all ingredients (except the chai spice and star anise) in a shaker, and shake forcefully for 12 seconds.
- Strain into a low ball glass filled with ice.
- Use a napkin to Garnish exactly half of the glass with chai spice.
- Place star anise at the edge of the glass, at the cinnamon line.
This story is from the October 2022 issue of Hour Detroit magazine. Read more in our digital edition.